Your privacy is as important as you being our user. To ensure that our relationship is as smooth sailing as you using our services, we will need to collect, record, store, use and/or transfer your personal information for processing, administration and managing our relationship.
eziPOD taps on the technological front-end built by its affiliated company Ezi Digital Payment Sdn Bhd hereinafter referred as “eziPay” for a seamless experience for all customers.
If you have any concerns, comments or suggestions, we are pleased to hear them from you at [email protected]
Collection of Personal Information
As soon as we identify you are accessing eziPOD’s services after scanning the QR code shown on the lockers, you will be brought to eziPOD’s screen.
When you register for an eziPOD account, the basic personal information we collect may include, but not limited to your:
Date of Birth (optional)
When you make a payment using the App, additional personal information we collect may include:
Debit/Credit card details, bank details or any other information required for payment as per your selected payment methodology.
When you launch the App, our servers will automatically record other personal information that your mobile system sends whenever you launch an app. This data may include, but not limited to:
Mobile system type
Pages within the App you visit
Time spent on the pages, and information searched for on the App, access times and dates, and other statistics
This information is collected for analysis and evaluation to help us improve our App and the services we provide.
Purpose of Acquiring Personal Information
The personal information we collect from you may be used and processed for the following Purposes:
- To process your order and to provide you with the services and information offered through our App and which you may request;
- To allow us to administer your registered account with us;
- To contact you in the event there is a problem with your usage;
- To verify and carry out financial transactions in relation to payments you may make through our App (for example, payments that you make through our App will be processed by an appointed bank and agent. Disclosure to these data processing agents in this context is necessary for the purpose of conducting the transaction you have opted for) and sending receipts to you;
- To facilitate your participation in, and our administration of, any of our activities including contests, promotions, campaigns, polls or surveys;
- To communicate with you and to maintain and improve customer relationship;
- To provide, maintain and improve the App and/or Service to you;
- To carry out market research on our users’ demographics and internal marketing analysis;
- For us to send you suggestion or information in the form of promotional emails/materials, alerts, newsletters, updates, mailers, special privileges and festive greetings, which we think you may find useful, thereby enhancing your experience when you visit our App;
- To notify/invite you to events or activities organized by us, our partners, sponsors or advertisers
- To detect, investigate and prevent any fraudulent, prohibited or illegal activities or misused of the Apss and/or Service;
- To protect and/or enforce our legal rights and interests, including defending any claim;
- To comply with or as required by any request or direction of any governmental/law enforcement authorities; or responding to requests for information from public agencies, ministries, statutory bodies or other similar authorities;
- To transfer or assign our rights, interests and obligations under any agreements entered into with us;
- For internal administration and updating purposes, such as auditing, data analysis, record keeping, contact lists, risk management, security etc;
- For our storage, hosting back-up (whether for disaster recovery or otherwise) of your personal information, whether within or outside your country
Subscribing to marketing and promotional materials
In addition to the above, when you register for an account with us, you shall be asked if you would like to unsubscribe to our marketing and promotional materials. These materials may come from us or through affiliation with third parties. If you choose not to unsubscribe, you are deemed to have consented to us and/or third parties to use and process your personal information for this purpose. You can always choose to unsubscribe from marketing information at any time by opting for the unsubscribe function within the electronic marketing material.
Disclosure of Personal Information
eziPOD does not sell, rent or trade customer’s personal information collected online with third parties. However, some personal information collected via our App will be disclosed to third parties only for the Purposes (mentioned above), for which it was collected, as authorized and consented by you.
eziPOD may engage other companies, service providers or individual to perform function on its behalf, and consequently may provide access or disclose your Personal Information to such service providers or third parties.
These third parties may include but not limited to the following:
- eziPOD partners, which include parties whom we collaborates with for certain activities;
- event management companies and event sponsors;
- service providers, including information technology service providers for infrastructure, software and development work;
- professional advisors and external auditors/consultants; or
- government authorities
In exceptional circumstances, eziPOD may be required to disclose personal information, such as when there are grounds to believe that the disclosure is necessary to prevent a threat to life or health, or required by the law.
eziPOD is committed to complying with the Personal Data Protection Act 2010, in particular, its policies as well as corresponding guidelines and orders.
If you believe that your privacy has been breached by eziPOD, please contact [email protected] and we will resolve the issue.
Accessing Your Transactions and Updating Your Personal Information
Your transaction histories may be stored with us but for security reasons, cannot be retrieved directly by us. You may access this information by clicking on the “My Account” section on the App. You can view the details of your transactions that have been completed, top ups that were done, and administer your debit/credit card or bank details. You undertake to treat the personal access data confidentially and not make it available to unauthorised third parties. We cannot assume any liability for any misuse of passwords unless this misuse is through our own fault.
You can access and update your personal information anytime by accessing “My Account” on the App.
Security of Your Personal Information
eziPOD ensures that all information collected will be safely and securely stored. We protect your personal information by:
- Allowing access to personal information only via passwords;
- Maintaining technology products to prevent unauthorised computer access; and
- Securely destroying your personal information when it is no longer needed for our record retention purposes
eziPOD uses encryption technology as suggested by the financial institutions in the country when processing your financial details and is the industry standard.
Personal Information from Minors and Other Individuals
As a parent or legal guardian, please do not allow the minor (individuals under 18 (eighteen) years of age) or individuals not legally competent to give consent, under your care to submit Personal Information. In the event that such Personal Information is provided, you hereby consent to the processing of the minor’s Personal Information and personally accept and agree to be bound by this Policy and take responsibility for his or her actions.
Transfer of Personal Data Outside of Country
Your Personal Data may be transferred to, stored, used and processed in a jurisdiction outside of your home country as our IT storage facilities or servers may be located outside of your home country. You understand and consent to the transfer of your Personal Data as described herein.